Saturday, June 12, 2010

World Cup fever

I've just watched the game between Brazil and Tanzania in which the samba boys won hands down 5-1 against the Tanza boys. It was a nice game. Watching my favourite team brazil is sheer pleasure. Their prowess in football is the stuff of legends. They dance with the ball. I'm hoping the yellow jersey and blue shorts will win this world cup. I don't usually watch football except for the world cup, but even kaki bangkus such as myself can enjoy a good game of football once a while. And the world cup is that once-in-a-while occasion to kick back and just relax and watch the 20 men run up and down the green field and display their athletic and sporting agility as i sit on an armchair with a hot glass of coffee/milk tea in hand. Curiously, the only other team i would root for is England but i don't think they're going to walk away with the world cup. I don't even dream of England repeating their 1966 feat, not by a long shot or unless they're extraordinarily lucky. Everytime they come up against germany or arch-rivals argentina, i'm sad to say, they fail to shine. So England, unless you can prove me a punk-ass, i'm not putting my hopes in you. But in Samba we trust. Go Samba Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment